Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To Do List.

According to Ali, it's time to set my summer knitting goals. So here is what I want to get finished before summer's end.

1.) The dress for my Little One (see here) that I started around Thanksgiving.
2.) A newborn baby cap for good friends of mine who just became parents for the first time. I will be meeing their darling little Calvin this Saturday, so time is of the essence on this one.
3.) A winter hat for my soon-to-arrive Niece, Mackenzie. Something girly and fun.
4.) A "matching" (or coordinating, if you'd rather) hat for her brother, my nephew, Logan.
5.) A sweater or newborn sleeper for NumberTwo..set to arrive in January.
6.) A sweater for myself from the summer issue of Debbie Bliss Magazine. This will be the motivation to lose the baby wieght I am currently putting on
7.) Enough hats to sell at my work's annual Craft Fair this November. I have about 10 from last season, so I'm hoping for about 20 or so new hats.
8.) A stuffed bunny (Debbie Bliss pattern) for Number Two. Little One has a stuffed bear, so it's only fair. She also has a crocheted blanket..but Number Two is getting a quilt. We'll call it even! (And yes, that quilt is on the list...but it's not knitting...)

Holy cow, that's a big list. I'm slightly intimidated by it. And while it's supposed to be a "Summer To-Do List," realistically I'm hoping to have 1-4 done by end of summer, and the rest by November. I think I can handle that. If I give up sleeping 8 hours each night. And playing with Little One on the weekends.

And everything else.

What's your list look like?

Cheers!
A

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you are ambitious!!!! Thanks for your comment about my new urban hats. Here's the dealy-o...I'm terrible at writing things down. So here's what I did: I used the mock cable pattern I found in my vogue knitting dictionary. Have you tried that one before? It's a fun stitch. I used yarn I had laying around. Double it if you have anything lighter than worsted. Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just saw you live in blaine...me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am kind of addicted to sewing right now, but I have a couple of knitting projects that I have been neglecting. I have supplies for my first pair of socks. And I have a pattern for a hooded cable sweater than I want to make for A. I also want to make A a hat for the winter- one with ear flaps. And I would like a new hat for myself but i am so bad at knitting for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete