Wednesday, June 3, 2009

As Promised...

Here are the photos of the dress I've started for my little Chatterbox.  I should feel accomplished that it's halfway done, but oddly enough, I don't.  Maybe it's because what I have finished took me nearly six months!  Oi Vey!  Hopefully the second half will go much faster, or Chatterbox will be too big for it by the time it's done.  Plus, I really want to try my hand a quilting, but I can only do one thing at a time, so it's further motivation to get this dress done.  Debbie Bliss is an amazing designer, and if you haven't already, I highly recommend picking up one her fabulous books for baby, or checking out some patterns in her knitting magazine.  I've included a photo of what the dress will look like when it's done.  The color is light, so it was hard for my camera to pick up the detail, but it really is gorgeous.





And here's what I'm working toward (isn't the little bag too cute?!?)


Sorry for the small photos...you can see larger ones if you google Debbie Bliss Picot and click on images.  Therefore, these photos were lifted from google.  

Cheers,
A

6 comments:

  1. I can attest that it looks fabulous! I have a bunch of yarn left from the fair isle sweater that I made for A and I was thinking that I would make one of these bags too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a lot of work! I can see why it's taking so long! Yarn is stretchy, so hopefully it will still fit your little girl. And that bag is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a dress for a new baby 25 years ago. CAn't even remember if it was knit or crochet, but I made it while pregnant with baby number 4. HE turned out to be a HE, but I tried that little pink pretty on him anyway....think I even took a picture for future blackmail lol. Babies 5 and 6 were both girls, so said little dress got some use. It's in the attic somewhere....I'd have to retrieve it and let some of the grandbabies wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that looks really great :D I really suck at knitting, I'm more of a crocheter but when I see little dresses and bags like this it makes me want to practice more....well for alittle while anyway! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't knit or crochet but I love to see the beautiful work others do. This is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I wish I could knit! (an extra entry for craftalittle's contest giveway)

    tamarahallock@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete