Monday, June 22, 2009

Sewing Lessons

I need them so that I can put together the squares I have completed for my first ever quilt (gasp!) I cut all the squares and pinned them last night - and worry not friends, the photographic evidence is arriving shortly. As soon as I make it home from my job-that-pays-the-bills I will be uploading photos into the computer and streaming them straight to you. And they are glorious.  And as promised...here they are: 


This has not even seen a stitch yet, it's just a layout.  as afore mentioned, I can't figure out that pesky sewing part.  And I'm kind of afraid of it. 

(gratuitous photo of squares prior to assembly)

Oh, yeah...who can teach me to sew? Er, I mean, post me a video of how to thread my machine, and then make it work right? I think I can manage the straight line part. I used a sewing machine all through eigth grade, so I guess that makes me only a mild novice. The kind that breaks needles in a deeply misguided effort to thread the bobbin.

I told you I needed help.

Cheers,
A

1 comment:

  1. Those squares are fantastic - I'm really impressed that you've cut them all ready to go without knowing how to get your machine up and running... the cutting bit always puts me off when I have to make anything.

    I'm new to sewing with a machine too (I also did a tiny bit of straight line sewing in school - but no threading a machine then) and when I inherited my basic machine a few months ago I had my mother-in-law to walk me through setting it up.

    Have you got the manual for your machine? If so then the diagrams in there should be enough to get you started. If not then it may be a good idea to try and get hold of a copy for it as I think that different machines may have different set up instructions.

    Best of luck and I can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete