Tuesday, June 2, 2009

WWKIP Day!

What on Earth is WWKIP Day?!?!!

Don't fret, I'll explain. WWKIP is short for WorldWide Knit In Public Day, and this year it falls on Saturday, June 13th! Make sure to take some time and knit in public. Gather some friends together, go by yourself, or join me as I partake in my first ever WWKIP Day!! My favorite local yarn store, Double Ewe, is hosting a knit in public extravaganza of sorts, and I can't wait to bring the dress I started for Chatterbox back in November and finally get in some quality knitting time. It's a summer dress, out of one of my Debbie Bliss pattern books, and I'm hoping to finish it before summer's over! I'm using a fabulous bamboo/cotton blend by Knit One Crochet Two (in lilac) and it's soo soft and supple. Plus, it's actually washable, which is a must for children's knits. I'll take a photo tonight of what I have so far and upload them as soon as I get home. I have a feeling it's going to be worth all the hard work!

Cheers,
A

2 comments:

  1. OOPS! I've revised the post to include the date. Sorry, Rebecca, and thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete