Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I felt it.

Well, I felt something, anyway.  Okay, okay, double entendre's aside, I saw a cute felt sandwich on Esty, and though to myself, "hey, I could do that.." and so I did.  Here's proof..


Carrots.


Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, and Bun.


(I still have to make the hamburger patty.  So right now, we'll call it a veggie burger!)

This was an amazingly easy craft to make. Some felt, embroidery thread, and some poly fill, and voila.  I eyeballed each piece and hand stitched them. The cheese is made of two squares, the tomato is two circles, and I stitched over the top so it looks like it has sections, and the lettuce is a misshapen circle. Instead of whipstitching the edges, I used more of a gathered stitch which gave it the look of an actual lettuce edge.  I had to make the top bun twice, because I didn't realize until halfway through that the top needed to be a larger circle than the underside (thus making the dome shape.)  Chatterbox thinks it's the greatest toy ever. And it cost less than $7 to make. Talk about crafting on a budget.

Cheers,
A

13 comments:

  1. I came over from Craft a Little to visit you! Funny thing is that I have been gathering up info and directions to make felt food for my granddaughter so I had to smile when I saw your latest post. Way to go! Now I will have to start working on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great toy & you made it look easy to make...thanks for sharing...I'm off to eat.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog via Craft A Little. I do the same thing, see something on the internet and think to myself I could make that. My daughter loves the felt food I made her. There is a tutorial you might be interested in over on One Crafty Mumma's blog: www.melissagoodsell.typepad.com/day_to_day/ Your felt food turned out really cute.

    Christina
    cmatthies@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over via Craft a Little. Those felty items are too stinkin' cute! Come visit me and sign up for my giveaway.

    Welcome to BLOGLAND!

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo cute! My kids love felt playfood. If they see this they'll be badgering me for one (I just made them a pizza and I can't believe how long it took me to handsew...sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the leaves on your carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your felted items are so cute You know they say carrots are good for the eyes, and hanburgers good for the belly. Well, Okay, I say hamburgers are good for the belly. Nice to see another new blog. Have fun with it all.

    Jody

    lagitanmystique(at)q(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend Rebecca sent me over from Craft a little. What a pal! Hey I want a Nikon too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute food items! I don't have the patience for making little things like that. You do lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog via Craft-A-Little. That's one cute hamburgerless hamburger. Did you use felt sheets or felt off the bolt? That's a very good tip about the bun top needing to be bigger to be domed. I would have messed it up too and had to do it at least twice. Your lemons are making me thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The veggie burger is great and would be the perfect thing for me to try to make for my vegetarian granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos - love the watermelon & love those carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous felt food - your vegie burger is just a salad roll!!

    Also, beautiful picture of your little one eating watermelon.

    ReplyDelete