Sunday, August 23, 2009

HATS!!!

It's been awhile since I was able to do any yarn-crafts.  I've been sooo busy trying my hand at quilting lately, that my poor needles were neglected.  I finally finished my quilt (yes, the photos are coming) and sat down this morning and made my Little One a hat for this coming winter.

She looks thrilled, doesn't she?  

And no hat of mine would be complete without a flower. I like to think of it as "my trademark."  That one thing I do to every hat (unless "no flower" is specifically requested, that is) that makes it a LemonADE original.  

I am happy that I got to use this very light, very soft, very boy-ish blue for this hat, too.  Far too often little girls are given no option but pink, and it's a shame really.  My girl happens to look darling in blue...and you never know, my boy (unconfirmed) may look darling in pink!

Happy Knitting,
A

4 comments:

  1. Your light loft boyish blue looks purple on my monitor! I will have to see it in person. Look for an email from me soon (tomorrow) to plan a Pelton-Weber get together. It is a very cute hat. I am thinking that A needs a hat with ears flap this winter. It will be my first knit ear flapped hat! I will have to decide if I need to finish my other 2 knitting projects before I start that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there IS purple in the hat, you know! ; ) The light blue showed up nearly white in these photos...that might be the confusion. Cursed indoor lighting and flash photography. Maybe I'll get a daylight shot this afternoon, and see if that works better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep- that is it. turns out your light boyish blue looks white!

    ReplyDelete